Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grand Scenic ICE improvement

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2007 Thread Starter
Family MPV
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SportTourer View Post
Assuming you have adjusted the bass/treble/loudness to your liking.
It is not unknown for some manufacturers to wire the speakers out of phase. Not suggesting that's your problem, but we had a Picasso, loads of users complained of poor sound, it turned out the speakers were out of phase on a whole load of Picassos.Swap the connections over and sound improved enough for most peoples tastes. It still wasn't brilliant though.

The cheapest and easiest method is to fit better speakers. Almost any aftermarket speaker will offer a better sound that your standard Renault ones.
I also assume you haven't got the Renault Cabasse Auditorium set up as this is quite acceptable sound quality wise.

In the first instance I would personally upgrade the speakers, no need to spend a fortune. If you are still not happy consider a better Head Unit.

Also the G Scenic has a lot of glass and is not ideal for acoustics. Extra padding in the door panels will help revent distortion and improve sound.

Well,many thanks to you all for this very "sound" advice !!!
Not sure exactly which way we are going to 'tune' too, but like the idea of a new Sony head unit with MP3 use of the existing volume switches...

Will let you all know, as soon as I do

Thanks again,
Family MPV.
Currently in Family MPV's garage:
2005 Renault Grand Scenic II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome