Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Location/Removal of ECU (Scenic Diesel)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Location/Removal of ECU (Scenic Diesel)

Well after having a dead Scenic 1.9 TDi sitting on my drive for two weeks, I finally managed to find a mobile auto-electrician to come and look at it.

After spending about 40 minutes on it, he concluded that he couldn't fix it - the problem was probably a faulty ECU - it would have to go back to Renault and would be expensive (like I don't know that!)...

Anyway, after hunting round the net for a while, I've found a few companies that will test your ECU for you (for about 35), and fix it if it is faulty. This seemed like a good idea, which will probably be far cheaper and less hassle than getting the car towed to the local dealership...

So... Does anyone have any experience of these sorts of companies? Are they any good?

And secondly (and the point of this post), does anyone know the location of the ECU on a 1999 Scenic Diesel? Is there a particular proceedure for it's removal/replacement?

5 Lastest Threads by mrlew
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Suspected Head Gasket - advice pls? Engines mrlew 4 1443 14th February 2006 10:21 AM
Location/Removal of ECU (Scenic Diesel) Electronics Screwloose 3 7484 8th November 2005 10:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome