Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2001 passenger door doesn't unlock

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane 2001 passenger door doesn't unlock

Well, problem solved.....

Dancing dad was right. I have bolted the door handle with the 4 mm bolt and a little nut to the "L shaped screw" (this is the connection tot the lock) too tight.

It worked a few days, but because of using the door handle the nut has tightened itself some more. So the lock of the rear door wasn't totally back in neutral position when I opened the doors with the remote control.

The original plastic little plug that was broken and is replaced by the 4mmm bolt is able to move freely between door handle and L shaped screw.

So I have given the 4mm bolt and nut more space, set a little bit more loose, with some Duck tape at the end to prevent the nut from falling off the bolt. I hope this stays in place.

My problem was the same as when you open the doors with the remote control but someone is using the door handle at the same time, that door won't open, you have to lock and unlock again.

A good nigh of sleep helped a lot. Now I have two spare locks for the rear doors, 40 Euro burned... The good thing is I have located a donor car at the scrapyard, an identical Megane hatchback for other spare parts.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome