Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dashboard Illumination gone weird!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Dashboard Illumination gone weird!

Hi Guys

Recently my dashboard illumination has been acting a bit weird. With the ignition on, and my headlights and side lights off, everything is fine, the radio display and door/tyre display are illuminated as per normal.

HOWEVER, when I turn my headlights on, the full dashboard instantly lights up and then fades to almost being off within about a second, including the radio and door/tyre displays.

I can then be driving along and randomly the dashboard lights up to its normal itensity again and is usually fine for a while!

I have tried adjusting the illumination control to see if there was a bad contact, and tried a few enthusiastic taps and thumps at various points on the dash to see if there are any loose connections.

Anyone have any ideas?! I'm totally baffled other than coming to the conclusion the 'controller' for the dashboard lighting must be faulty and therefore in need of replacement.
Currently in james.sealey's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.8 16V
  5 Lastest Threads by james.sealey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Is it me or are Lagunas the most expensive... Wheels & tyres daveyboy58 17 2888 6th November 2008 12:41 PM
Unusual spoiler on my 02 Laguna? Bodywork afur 30 7213 9th April 2008 06:37 PM
Oh dear..... crunch! Cars & motoring madnoel10 18 2315 26th August 2007 05:23 PM
Electric Window Mechanism Electronics superbiatch 1 1144 30th April 2007 07:26 PM
Dashboard Illumination gone weird! Electronics Lagdti 3 1397 23rd January 2007 04:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome