Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #327 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by jjclio View Post
Hi Brigatti. I just happened to be reading the Mirror Yesterday and I saw an article "Family wiped out by sheep" further down this article it happened to mention a 'Renault Clio'. I e-mailed the journalist , explained about the Watchdog show last April and mentioned about tonights up-date. Let's hope this helps. Thanks for your well written points above.
Interesting, keep us posted if you hear anything on this!

Acutally, thinking back to the recent Watchdog programme, I am glad (maybe the wrong word!), that they showed someone who experienced an RTA linked to this incident. This then poses the challenge of who legally is liable in coughing up - because that driver could have sued for the accident, health ramifications and the effects to the other driver etc - all to Renault. This would have been the puurfect case to bring to court too...(to some extent!)...

I don't wanna sound withdrawn (I guess I will), but if the most well-known UK-National consumer programme gets ignored by Renault, what options do us consumers have??? Press won't work, Which or any other consumer magazine / publication won't work.

Sad way of life this isn't it?

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI

Last edited by brigatti; 24th January 2007 at 08:42 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome