Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2000 megane scenic radio code entry

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2000 megane scenic radio code entry

After 2 months of badgering, I've finally got a cd radio for my car from the garage. Now, the unit has no LED display, six numbered buttons, a four way circular switch, an on, eject and random button.
Great. Except, I was given no paperwork with the unit, except a tiny sticker with 4 digits on it, however one of the digits is a 9, and as there are only six numbered buttons I am confused, not only at the 'code', but what the procedure is for syncing the code and the car.
Furthermore, in my manual there is a four digit code, made of numbers between 1 and 6, and I wonder if that is the code to use? Does the ECU expect that code, or does the radio tell the ECU (in a Jedi like fashion) "I'm the code you are looking for".
Anybody... please, shed some light on this one for me.
P.S I read a post on another forum about pressing buttons on the music stork, and turning a thumbwheel to enter the digits - as if the computer LED(trip/MPG etc) might show me the digits.
Currently in Abjectboy's garage:
2000 Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 Alize
  5 Lastest Threads by Abjectboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic starting problem mechanical or electonic? Engines Bob925 2 797 25th March 2008 09:31 PM
2000 megane scenic radio code entry Electronics Abjectboy 3 5066 24th January 2007 10:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome