Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Leak with a Cabriolet Coupe

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Leak with a Cabriolet Coupe

HI, i've had a look at other threads and still not sure how to deal with my problem.
My 2006 Megane Cab-Coupe has a leak at each side of the car just where the roof meets the windscreen. I have looked at the seals and can't determine if they are too dry or not - I've had the car for two years and have never applied any lubricant to the seals. It almost appears the water is dripping behind the seal - but again I can't be 100% sure.
My local Garage has quoted 100+ to carry out a water test to find the leak (and that is before any work is carried out).
From these forums I am considering trying Vaseline on the seal to see if that helps - but I'm worried that Vaseline could destroy the rubber (as someone has pointed out on a thread that this may not be the best solution). Would anyone have any advice they could offer me please? Thanks in advance
Currently in CNB's garage:
2006 Renault Megane cabriolet Coupe 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by CNB
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Leak with a Cabriolet Coupe Bodywork CNB 2 1198 3rd January 2014 01:05 PM
Hello from me & Happy New Year Welcome to RenaultForums stuart j 1 417 3rd January 2014 12:38 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome