Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio 2006 - Spare Wheel

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
clio spare wheel

I have had a nightmare problem with the spare wheel on my new clio, I had a puncture recently and what a job I had to get the spare wheel out of the boot.
I am a woman who regularly drives many miles alone, thankfully I was at a retail park when I noticed the puncture but it was dark and very wet. I tried with no avail to even get the spare out of its location in the boot, I then called a friend who crews for a rally car team - he tried unsuccessfully to remove the spare and it was so cold and wet we had to abandon the car where it was and call it a night.
Returning the next morning with my husband in the daylight it wasnt much easier to get the wheel out but after much pulling and pushing we eventually managed.
It cost 100 pounds for a new wheel, and another mamoth struggle to fit the spare back into the boot. Who on earth designed this contraption stret t t t ch arm strong???

My neighbour who is also a lone woman driver has exactly the same car as me and I have warned her to get her sons to show her what to do with the spare, but to be honest I doubt if either of us would manage to change the wheel.

This has made me seriously consider getting rid of the car, I do not feel safe as I live in a remote area and often drive alone at night, should this happen on a lonely road I would be terrified.

I have contacted Renault regarding this and am awaiting a reply from them.
Currently in meekojasper's garage:
renault clio 1.4 dynamique s
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome