Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Have I bought a nail

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by kriskros View Post
Sincerely, thanks for all the advice (although belatedly - i've had some trouble accessing the site).

I took a trip down to my trusted local garage and they ran a 'hydrocarbons' test (i think) over the coolant vessel and concluded that the head gasket was fine. They even waved the usual £5 charge. How happy was I!!

I've checked the oil cap since and all the mayo has since evaporated. Been doing my 45min round trip all week without a hitch. I've put it down to the previous owner doing short runs.

Ironically, on my way to the garage some git in a 4x4 knocked my wing mirror into kingdom come but only a small charge for some replacement glass in comparison: to what could have been.
Super great to here that. He may of had problems before with the head and cured it and not cleaned it all out.All the best.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome