Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Taking Laguna II through auto car wash

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I'm guessing they're concerned that the steering will lock when you stop the engine. It shouldn't on the Lag as long as you leave the card in the slot, but it wouldn't hurt to check beforehand. Mine's hands-free, so I'm not sure when it applies the steering lock.

On later models with the electronic parking brake, turning off the engine would also apply the brake. You should still be able to release it by pressing the button and pulling the handle though.

I tend to leave the engine running through these carwashes after a very embarassing time in an IMO when my car wouldn't restart as I got out of the other end. That was a long time ago, but the habit has stuck. I suppose they ask you to turn off the engine for a reason, and maybe there's a very, very slight risk that you'll get water in the air intake. Most likely they're worried about you accidentally knocking it into gear and racing out of the front of the car wash. If you're sensible, then that won't happen
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome