Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace, Which is THE model/engine to go for?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace, Which is THE model/engine to go for?

I've got a Scenic III, a conscious decision to put up a bit more money for a decent III rather than the cheaper II series, which had some problems that they managed to iron out with the release of the III.
Because we would like to increase our family size by one and combine that with carrying capacity (I make trips to UK where we carry a lot of baby stuff with us (soon to be doubles then! and buy quite a lot of goodies and food shopping in UK to bring back) I am thinking of moving up from a Scenic to an Espace.

So... question is - what is the one to have?

I need reliability! I can't afford to be without it and have it being in the garage all the time. The Scenic has been great for this. Very reliable.
I've seen that the Espace with the 2.2 Dci unit is pretty bad? Which year was this?

I know little about the Espace, ie, which engines are available and which are the good phases to have (like Gen III is the best of the Scenics to have etc)
Anyone help? Or I should avoid an Espace in general?

Friend had one here and he had horrific Dashboard problems and costs and also Oil /engine failure resulting in horrendous engine replacement bill.

Kind of scares me a bit thinking of going for Espace ownership...
Advice please....
Currently in SameOldSceneIII's garage:
Dec 2009 Scenic III Privilege 1.5 DCi
  5 Lastest Threads by SameOldSceneIII
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace, Which is THE model/engine to go for? Cars & motoring petethepole1 7 1813 5th January 2014 12:17 PM
Scenic 3 workshop manual Tools & equipment SameOldSceneIII 12 19632 20th March 2013 12:19 PM
Scenic front bumper upgrade Exterior styling glassgg 18 7280 2nd October 2012 04:01 PM
Scenic III Seat upgrade possible Interiors SameOldSceneIII 2 1208 2nd October 2012 03:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome