Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic electronic to manual parking brake conversion?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 5th January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic electronic to manual parking brake conversion?

Thanks for your reply, it seems some scenics 2005 models have handbrake levers fitted as you can see them for sale on Ebay , so Im assuming providing the mounting holes are there, then it should be easy enough to fit.
The only bit Im not sure about is the part where the cable mounts onto the calipers - whether the calipers are identical between electronic sytem and manual in terms of where the cable actually atattches to the bracket and if the amount of travel that the cable nedds to operate the brakes is the same amount???

Originally Posted by TTT View Post
I would be interested in this info also....I haven't got a Scenic but a mate has.

Not sure what handbrake lever you would use, or if the original calipers could be used.
If the electric motor part has cables coming from it that go to the calipers maybe you could use them with a manual setup.
I have seen calipers that look like they have the motors built onto them, but not sure if they are on the Scenic?

I would imagine you would have to programme the electronic handbrake out of the system so you don't get warnings flashing all over the dash.

Currently in TGW's garage:
megane scenic maxim 1.6VVT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome