Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - misting up & poss fuel pump prob

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thats right recirculating your air has profound effects on the moisture in the car so that would be a serious no no.Also if you use the aircon to "dry" the air,you will only get misting once the aircon has been switched off again.Get yourself or someone to check out for damp carpets in the boot or floorwells.If you have a leak no matter how small it will cause you problems when you start to warm up the cabin.Another option would be to leave the car ticking over until it has reached full temprature and then put the dial to hot and put your blower on max towards the feet and body.Leave your windows down a fraction and see if this drives out the moisture from the car.Do this until the misting disappears.Dont worry about the car overheating as you will be taking most of the heat from the engine through the heater vents.Judging by the weather over the last 2 weeks i think every car owner has had misting problems.I think most Renaults are a pain when it comes to misting up though.Hope this helps you out

Oh i almost forgot to mention!!Check to see that your heater matrix isnt leaking coolant too.This could have adverse effects on misting as you evapourate the coolant on the matrix.
Currently in Bigbadtez's garage:
52 Renault Laguna 1.9 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome