Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - re-synching the immobiliser

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
re-synching the immobiliser

Apologies for yet another immobiliser thread...I have read extensively in the forums and would like to ask a couple of more specific questions...any advice appreciated.

From what I've gathered so far on infa red systems there is a transmitter in the key, a receiver in the interior light section, maybe another receiver type device in the ignition key unit on the steering column and an immobiliser in amongst the electronic control unit stuff (and also a further electronic device for ignition timing/fuel etc)???

On my 1999 Scenic both keys operate the central locking ok (so the light section receiver is ok...does it operate the central locking separately from the immobiliser unit itself?I gather it also allows the immobiliser to receive a signal from the ignition switch within a limited time frame?)

In my problem the immobiliser light is flashing quickly when the ignition key is turned fully on, indicating that the immobiliser has not been de-activated, (presumably either by not responding to the light fitting receiver or to the component in the ignition switch section). I guess what I'm wondering is whether it is possible for the key and immobiliser to go out of synch if the central locking is still working???

The car is presently with the local main dealer who I really don't trust to be up front about the problem and its cheapest resolution. My present plan is to ask for the immobiliser code, input it manually and see what happens. If it works I guess I have the option of an immobiliser bypass or replacing the immobiliser and keys?? Or can the existing or replacement immobiliser be re-synched to the existing keys??

Any further info or suggestions welcomed.
Currently in stillwill's garage:
1999 megane RT 1.6E scenic
  5 Lastest Threads by stillwill
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
re-synching the immobiliser Electronics augusto 4 1681 27th January 2007 08:05 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome