Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Dynamique

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I think your car should have ESP. When I ordered my 02 model, I think it was standard on the Initiale (all engine sizes) and all other models (2.0, 2.2dCi and 3.0 V6 only.) My Priv 2.0 IDE definitely had it.

If you have the dash with the iconic display, then you should see 'ESP Off' appear when you press the switch. If you have the voice synth, it should also say 'ESP Off' through the speaker. Pressing the button again makes the iconic display revert to normal, and there is no spoken message when ESP is re-enabled.

If you dump the clutch too hard on a loose surface, ESP should allow the wheels to slip slightly (you'll feel and hear it as usual) but then it should drop the engine output right down until you re-gain grip. If you can maintain wheelspin for a second or more, then the system isn't working.

The only time you should be able to induce proper wheelspin is on mud or ice. ESP seems to be useless in these circumstances, and the wheels will just lose their grip and spin as you'd expect from a car with no traction control.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome