Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 1 (Monaco) 2000 Bonnet catch-NOT closing

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 1 (Monaco) 2000 Bonnet catch-NOT closing

Hi guys, Have looked hard to see if anyone else has had problem with the Laguna bonnet, having read most of the Clio catch problems - no insight. Laguna postings are the opposite problem - release, my problem is incomplete closing.
The bonnet has 3 catches, nearside, drivers and the safety in the middle. The faulty one is on the drivers side. The sensor alert is driving me nuts at any speed now, as I have had the problem for 6 months and my serviceman (not a current dealership but once was) says it wasnt an easy fix. As there was only an intermittant alert initially at motorway speeds above 60mph, Id let it go but as MOT approaches, Ive got to get onto it. As per Spirochette's useful post on the method of release, I gather you do need to get on your back under the front grill at some point While of the female sex Im not averse to this but at present its very wet and I dont have anywhere I can think of where its dry and under cover where I dont have to lie on wet gravel.
There is a metal hook shape on latch which doesnt remain in position to complete a closure. Both sets of springs SEEM to work. Took pics showing nearside latch which I can push into closed postion, but the other latch (drivers side) wont stay in that position, it springs back to open. Lots of degreaser/ WD40 and toothbrush applied, but cant see under the catch to see wire release point.
When the release handle is pulled, I can hear the sound of wire release (spring) working on nearside only.
I was hoping it might be a fix even I could attempt, but as someone else went off to garage for a 74 fix for the release, I might have to admit defeat.
Any advice please.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivers side catch 002.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	34265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Laguna Bonnet drivers side 001.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	34273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nearside closed 004.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	34281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Laguna Bonnet nearside closed position 003.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	34289  
Currently in jayjaynz's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by jayjaynz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 1 (Monaco) 2000 Bonnet catch-NOT closing Bodywork Dancingdad 6 1475 9th January 2014 03:19 PM
Laguna vs Mondeo vs Saab Cars & motoring saabguy 13 3201 7th August 2009 10:44 PM
Renault Laguna 1 - Oil Leak Engines Lagdti 3 1141 12th February 2008 07:01 AM
jayjaynz Welcome to RenaultForums bonedavid 5 1056 4th March 2007 09:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome