Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #337 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Meesh View Post

Think you are more than likely right however unless Clio owners are told how they should be doing this then this bonnet flying is going to continue to be a problem. I would have thought this would be done at service but at the two services I had they never done this. If the Renault garages don't do it how are the customers ever to know they have to. I understand the manual says to oil all locks but I think the consequences of not doing this on the Clio should be made clear to drivers.

With Watchdog receiving 250+ complaints I don't think that as soon as you become a Clio driver you become incompetent!
Yeah you are right here, the liability and responsibility behind the maintenance is whoever does the servicing. It SHOULD have been a mandated servicing point on their checklist. One could say that it's the servicing dealership's responsible. Yes and no, it's actually Renault UK, as the dealership just follow a checklist which is owned and provided by Renault UK. If it's not on that checklist, then it's only undertaken at the discretion of the servicing department.

Jasper, lucky you noticed this, I just wish the 250+ Clio ownes were also as lucky! That check could have saved your life!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome