Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Accident Damage repair?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 29th January 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
I don't know if it's possible for you do,but to start with I'd try and get it to a garage with some laser wheel alignment equipment.From there you can find out if the offside wheel is pointing in the right direction.If that seems OK,then I'd be tempted to try and source a door for it and try and fit that.If the door post is distorted or damaged,then the amount of work involved would make it uneconomical to repair....

If the door fits OK(it looks like the hinges are bent on the old door which are causing the door to be out of alignment),then you should be OK.The wing and bumper is all bolt on,so as long as the inner wing is straight you should be able to repair it easily and reasonably cheaply,especially if you find panels that were the same colour.

Edit;Looking at the pictures again,the gap between the top of the wing and bonnet still looks good,so that is positive sign.It's just the door post and offside front wheel alignment that would worry me slightly.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome