Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2006 Renault scenic handbrake warning when used manually

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2014
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2006 Renault scenic handbrake warning when used manually

cant remember now, but thought once that level is pulled the system needs resetting, there is a procedure for resetting it.

Originally Posted by reddevilman View Post
Hi, Was talking to renault tech who let slip how to reset the electronic parking brake on my grand scenic without going to dealer,this works if you have had to pull the yellow emergency handle in rear which i have had to do this week.

renault guy says providing there are no faults

turn your ignition on without starting engine, have drivers door openand press lock button on keycard
put keycard in reader and press start button for 5 seconds.
pull large part of manual handbrake handle and push small button with red light without letting go of larger handle and you should hear the handbrake motor reset some time you will have to do

let me know if this works it did with mine even though on my dash it is saying parking brake fault, i had to do it with my car in first as there is a fault wih my parking break but it still seems to reset.
was this procedure carried out?

If not, its possible your handbrake wont function properly, or damage to the handbrake motor unit may occur.
Currently in Click4's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome