Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - A Rant (well 2 actually)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th January 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
A Rant (well 2 actually)

Rant 1

Driving to London and back in the van on Saturday I was amazed at the number of cars with their fog lights on! Visibility c.1 mile, clear sky and dry road. Why do people insist on frying my eye balls – especially on my way back in the dark!!! Let me tell you – you think it makes your car look better – problem is that when you are inside it you can’t see how much better it looks and no body else gives a sh1t! So turn them off and enjoy the benefit of the extra 0.5bhp it gives you. Is there a signal that other road users can use to politely suggest the use of fog lights is unnecessary; other than the obvious!!

Rant 2

On the same journey I was surprised, and dismayed, at the higher number of “middle lane drivers” there are on the weekend. I honestly think that there should be a part of the driving test on motorway driving and etiquette. When the lane to your left is clear – use it. When a car / van / lorry is indicating to come across into the middle lane use your mirrors to check the lane outside you; if the lane is clear then move across and use it thus letting the other vehicle use the middle lane! Simple!! The number of times you see just two lanes of the motorway being used and a clear inside lane is stupid!!!!!

Rant over - for now!!
Currently in hugh121's garage:
Renault Avantime V6
  5 Lastest Threads by hugh121
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Ahoy! General Chat Phil48 1 629 27th March 2015 10:11 PM
Avantime - what is this General Chat coup 5 1866 18th September 2012 07:01 PM
Avantime Problem General Chat hugh121 4 2934 21st July 2012 02:55 PM
Avantime Rear Shock Absorbers Steering and Suspension dirtyleeds 10 4172 29th July 2011 06:03 AM
Renault Avantime - Auto Gearbox Differences Transmissions hugh121 9 3162 17th December 2010 09:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome