Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - CV joints

Thread: CV joints
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks everyone. My thoughts are now that it was for sure the repair on the gator that failed causing the oil to leak. My mechanic is right about that but he did nothing to warn me of the dangers of the repair not working, nor would he find time to ramp the car to check the repair despite constant phone calls, texts and visits because I was sick of the continued whine on 5th gear and there was still a slight smell of gear oil ....which he said would be residual oil . He showed a distinct lack of care in his dealings with me. Before the gaitor repair there was an even stronger oil smell which he said he had rectified though I do not remember what he said he had done. When it was just the whine he promised to rectify the gearbox at his own expense. When that became total gearbox failure he obviously changed his mind about that and presented me witha bill for around 900 without prior warning. I did not authorise him to do the work at my expense.

I dont know what my legal position is but hes threatening to 'collect' 'his' parts (ie my gearbox which he has had rebuilt) unless I settle the bill!
Currently in simonfox1954's garage:
2003 Laguna 1.8 Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome