Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #252 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I've been behaving myself lately, doing exactly 70mph on the motorway. In some respects, I find it more relaxing (you're not looking out for every motorway bridge for one) but it's not without its problems. There are annoying aspects of trying to stick to the 70 limit, and probably the worst is TTS.

For the uninitiated, TTS is Thrashed Transit Syndrome. It can be any woefully underpowered van, but Transits seem to be by far the worst offenders. You're trying to maintain a steady speed, but the van driver is just batting along as fast as he can with his foot to the floor. He can match your speed on the level and overtake you on the downhill stretches, but he can't keep up at the slightest incline. And that's exactly how he drives.

I can't honestly say that I wouldn't drive it the same, and it must be frustrating to be running around in a vehicle that won't do the speed that you want it to. But it's still irritating to have to keep overtaking and being overtaken by the same vehicle over and over again when all you're trying to do is maintain a steady speed.

Still, not as bad as the car driving numpties who seem to do this sort of thing for fun.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome