Join Date: Jul 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Thanked 95 Times in 64 Posts
Front fog light abuse? Pick from the following list:
1) I'm not driving the poverty spec model, and I want you all to know that.
2) What do you mean it's not foggy? It's drizzling a bit, and that's 'reduced visibility' in my book.
3) They make my car look sleeker and lower to the ground. I like them. (Usually side lights and fog lights on but headlights off.) I saw someone doing that in a Scenic recently, which tickled me.
4) I paid extra for these things, so I'm damned well going to use them.
5) I want as many lights on the front of my car as possible. It makes me feel safest in case oncoming drivers don't notice my headlights.
6) What does this switch do then? Oh, it makes the little light on the dashboard go on and off. I like the little light. I think I'll leave it on. (Applies to rear fogs too.)
Outside of genuine foggy conditions, the only time I've ever found front fog lights to be useful is on wet roads with badly worn lane markings at night.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.