Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Drain Hole Abyss!!!!

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Yes, but you also have a membrane behind the door cards that should be glued with mastic all the way round, sort of like a polystyrene type material. I assume that this is to stop any water that seeps in through the window seal to exit out of the car and not into the car!

I have now, possibly located the source of my leak;

Under the rear seats, either side, there are two bolts which are something to do with the suspension (I think, unable to raise car to see). There is a a metal 'thing' which is clipped into place through two holes (this 'thing' is purely for cosmetic purposes I believe, just to give a level surface around the bolts.

Anyhow, I eventually got this metal 'thing' unclipped (after slicing my hands in about four places) and can only assume that the holes in which this metal is clipped into is where my leak is originating from (as I can see daylight through one of them) and this is the highest point in the car which gets wet. I can then only assume that the water soaks through the carpet under the rear seats and into the footwell carpet, where it cannot escape. I shall buy some sealant and seal the area and holes and see if it works.

Wish me luck as I'm still not really convinced, I cannot understand how any water could come 'up' through this area as it's infront of the rear wheel not behind it (ie; no water is sprayed in it's direction from the tyres!

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome