Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #372 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by ren25 View Post
. I still believe that if people paid more attention to the condition of their cars then there would be fewer problems. It seems to me that having seen quite a few older cars that the last thing people seem to look at is the bonnet catch. Everyone seems to want to blame someone else for things going wrong.

My car was brand new when I bought it so didn't think I would have to look at the condition of the bonnet! It was less than three years old when the accident happened so wouldn't have expected it to be rusting away. It was serviced by a Renault dealer two months before my accident so I do take very good care of my car. I follow the guide lines in the manual for my car and close the bonnet as they tell you to. If you had done all these things and your bonnet blew into your windscreen while on the motorway where you could have lost your life I think you may have been looking for someone to blame. I paid £10,500 for my car and have been reduced to securing the bonnet with a cable tie to allow me to drive it.

It is stated in Law that the driver is responsible for making sure the vehicle is roadworthy before starting off.

I check my car on a regular basis have it serviced at a Renault dealer and only use Renault parts. I do what it says on the manual and I close the bonnet as is detailed what else do you expect I do?

It also states in the law that anything you buy should be safe and free from minor defects!

So why are we still going on about this subject, when theres a whole life out there to live?
I wish I could go back to just living my life the way I did but the accident has changed things for me a whole lot. Since the Watchdog program the nightmares have started again (hence writing a reply this late) and I have been having panic attacks! Might sound sad to you, before this I was super confident without a care in the world but seeing your life go before you or the thought that you could have killed someone else changes things a little.
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome