Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Xenon adjustment for Vel Satis in Europe - is it needed?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Hi, VelSatisfied, mmmm ....
The RAC and the AA have now updated their advice on this matter ..... they now seem to be of the opinion that if your beam pattern does not have the kick up to the left and is fairly flat with only one hotspot in the centre to the right of the pattern then you dont need beam deflectors (lots of opinion/assumption and wooly statement there form our motoring organisations.)

The other advice they offer is to use beam deflectors stuck on headlamp covers ... dont know how easy it is to get them for the VelSatis though, you could try contacting the ERG group for advice or check EGR Automotive Europe .... I believe they are an Austrailian outfit but manufacture worldwide.

Your right these have all been discussed at length on the forum, but there doesnt seem to be any real conclusion except for the Espace IV.

However if the RAC/AA are correct then you might not need to adjust them at all?

Late nights pointing the car at the garage wall then

hope it helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome