Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the biggest load of cobblers a car dealer or mechanic has ever told you?

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Bit dodgy this one as I'm ex-motor trade myself but and it's a bit long winded, but .......

I took my old Sierra in to a local fast fit place - not Thick Sh!t but the other one - for a set of rear shox. Phoned them up and got a quote I was happy with, so I went along to have them fitted. Between my phone call and my visit - only 10 mins - they'd sold the only set they had and were currently fitting them to a taxi.
"Erm ... they're the only ones we had, but we do a set of gas shox, but they're dearer" they said.
" So, not my prob" I replied " I told you I was on my way and you've sold the bloomin' things. That's no way to do business ....... blah blah blah"
Anyway, I managed to get them for the same price as the regular shox
Fast forward one year coming up on MOT time and the Sierra needs a full exhaust system. Off I go to the same Fast Fit place and get the exhaust replaced. Once the bloke's finished, in he comes and reports I'm needing 2 new rear shox ..........
I have a look and sure enough they're soaking wet ..... but it's p!ssing down outside ****
They quote me for new gas shox and I ask them to go ahead and replace them.
" Ok mate that's it all done and the bill is ....."
I ask them to lower the car off the ramp so I can collect my wallet from the glovebox then quickly produce the receipt/warranty for the shox they fitted last year. RESULT ... 2 sets for less than the price of one
You should've seen their faces ...... I knew the shox were ok, they knew they were ok but how were they gonna claim that back from the manafacturers ....... not my prob eh

I think I have CDO. It's like OCD, but with ALL THE LETTERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER
Currently in Gonescenile's garage:
A wee French toy & a 2010 Honda VFR 800
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome