Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Plan to snatch cars from driveways

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 1st February 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
This is getting totally out of hand.

Car insurance is to provide compensation for accident victims ON THE PUBLIC HIGHWAY - that means somewhere classed as a public right of way, or where the public has unrestricted access such as car parks. Try claiming for something which happened on private property and you will be told where to go.

I have 2 cars and a van. 1 car is currently SORN and uninsured as its parked on my property at the back of the house. The other car and the van are fully licensed and insured - even though I can only use one at a time.

The fact that 1 car is SORN does not stop it being driven, as there is no way to tell unless you meet a (very rare) police patrol with ANPR.

That Times report says the law will go to consultation in April, and be in force early next year. Sounds to me like the Government will rubberstamp it no matter what anybody says during 'consultation'.

There is an easy way to catch uninsured drivers. link petrol station CCTV systems to the ANPR system and the offending driver won't be able to buy fuel. No Fuel, No Drive, No Problem.
Currently in Renegade1127's garage:
1999 Laguna 2.0 Executive. 1997 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3LE DualFuel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome