Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 2 - Electronics - Pairing Bluetooth phones to incar handsfree kit

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 13th November 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II - Handsfree Phone

Picked up my Laguna II 2.0T Initiale with Bluetooth Colour Navcom about 2 months ago.
I expeceted to purchase the correct GSM cradle for my blootooth Nokia phone, plug it into the pre-telephone plug in the centre console (as my previous model) and away I go to get phone charging, connection to the aerial and transfer my SIM numbers to the Navcom.

No chance !!

At first the dealer thought the car was a "miss build" as there was no wiring or multi plug to connect a cradle to, and believed it should have had the hands free kit fitted as standard as it is the Initiale spec.

They have now advised that there is nothing missing but in order to fit a cradle I should have purchased the factory fit only option "Integrated" hands free kit + the relevant cradle. A mere 500 extra !!

The phone works fine on Bluetooth with the navcom but I find it crazy that you need to add such an option to allow the phone to charge and be able to down load the SIM info, particularly on the top spec car.

Can anyone tell me if what I am being told is correct.
Is there any other way to get the SIM info into the Navcom.

Many thanks
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome