Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the biggest load of cobblers a car dealer or mechanic has ever told you?

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Gonescenile View Post
Bit dodgy this one as I'm ex-motor trade myself but and it's a bit long winded, but .......

I took my old Sierra in to a local fast fit place - not Thick Sh!t but the other one - for a set of rear shox. Phoned them up and got a quote I was happy with, so I went along to have them fitted. Between my phone call and my visit - only 10 mins - they'd sold the only set they had and were currently fitting them to a taxi.
"Erm ... they're the only ones we had, but we do a set of gas shox, but they're dearer" they said.
" So, not my prob" I replied " I told you I was on my way and you've sold the bloomin' things. That's no way to do business ....... blah blah blah"
Anyway, I managed to get them for the same price as the regular shox
Fast forward one year coming up on MOT time and the Sierra needs a full exhaust system. Off I go to the same Fast Fit place and get the exhaust replaced. Once the bloke's finished, in he comes and reports I'm needing 2 new rear shox ..........
I have a look and sure enough they're soaking wet ..... but it's p!ssing down outside ****
They quote me for new gas shox and I ask them to go ahead and replace them.
" Ok mate that's it all done and the bill is ....."
I ask them to lower the car off the ramp so I can collect my wallet from the glovebox then quickly produce the receipt/warranty for the shox they fitted last year. RESULT ... 2 sets for less than the price of one
You should've seen their faces ...... I knew the shox were ok, they knew they were ok but how were they gonna claim that back from the manafacturers ....... not my prob eh
brilliant, thats why independant Mot stations that dont repair are the way forward!
Currently in espaced?'s garage:
2001 espace 2.2 DCI VF8JEOK
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome