Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Auto Car Washes

Thread: Auto Car Washes
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 14th November 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Do you guys want to hear a real nightmare story?

It involves my Mazda 323F. Six weeks old at the time, and this is a car that was still my 'pride and joy' when I finally swapped it (with over 100K on the clock) for my first Laguna.

I took the car to my regular drive-through car wash, paid my money and set the thing going. All was going well until I heard "BANG! BANG! BANG!" and then saw the rear wiper arm fly out of the front of the car wash and land about 20 feet in front of the car.

Once the programme had completed, I got out and checked the car for damage. Apart from the broken wiper (the aluminium arm had been snapped in two) there was a dent that (typically) managed to cover both the top of the rear hatch and the roof itself.

I've never really trusted drive-through car washes since. Though the one over the road is only 2 quid a go (it used to be a quid, but they've doubled the price and still have people queuing round the block.) I like to hand wash my car where the weather permits, but sheer laziness and the desire not to get my nuts frozen off in winter mean I use the drive-through every now and again.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome