Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Similarities between Megane and 19

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Similarities between Megane and 19

I finally managed to get the time to have a wander around my local breakers yard in search of a Megan rear door lock, today. I managed to track down the only Megane in a stock of 500 or so bashed, rusty amd mangled motors and got busy with the torx bits. And what the hell is that black goo all over the inside of the door panels-it's stuck all me ruddy tools together! Anyhoo, the lock only cost me £3-bargain!

As I was wandering back through the yard, I spied a 19 RT fitted with a set of front driving lights that looked remarkably similar to the ones fitted to my Megane RT Sport. As my passenger side driving lamp was broken, I figured it might be worth a fiver finding out if they were indeed the same. Renault had quoted 40 quid for said light and I thought, if they are the same, I will have saved myself £35.

After an hours hand to hand combat with a rusted in mounting screw, a quick modification with a 6mm drill and hey presto, the light is fitted to the Megane and working perfectly.

As I was sitting there having a bit of a breather during my application of brute force to the afforementioned rusty bolt, it occurred to me that there appears to be many simularities between the engine, running gear and brakes, between the 19 and the Megane.

Could any one confirm that this is indeed the case? I could do with a set of rear drums and I can get 19 drums considerably cheaper than I can get Megane drums for.

One more thing I discovered-the sunroof motor in a 19 fits a Megane too.
Currently in Cerberus's garage:
1998 Megan 1.6RT Sport

Last edited by Cerberus; 2nd February 2007 at 09:37 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Cerberus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Similarities between Megane and 19 Cars & motoring Cerberus 2 1393 2nd February 2007 09:35 PM
Rear Door Lock Replacement*with pictures* Bodywork caffeinated 48 74073 5th January 2007 06:36 PM
Renault racing-Donnington-free tickets Cars & motoring FastFingers 6 2007 16th April 2006 08:16 PM
Ow do! Welcome to RenaultForums chris m 5 1756 8th April 2006 03:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome