Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rough Idle

Thread: Rough Idle
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rough Idle

Hi all,

Here I am again with yet another problem. I'm wondering if, after owning the car for just over a month if it's time to get rid (starter motor, tyre sensor, deflating tyre problems so far)!?

Anyway, my Lag II 1.6 is idling not very well at present. By not very well I mean the car appears to hick-up and lightly judder. I'm not sure if this will have long term consequencies if not corrected???

When I pull up to traffic lights/junctions and knock it out of gear the revs drop very low and it nearly stalls (it actually did the other day). Then, after dropping very low, 5-10 second later the revs creep up to an acceptable level and the possibility of stalling goes away.

I've just replaced the spark plugs, air filter and it has new oil and oil filter.

I was wondering if I had a bad/failed coil ? If I do would it hurt if I bought a new one and tried swapping it with each current coil to see if I can pin point one that has failed?

Is this method of elimination OK or do I need to replace all 4 coils at the same time?

Thank for any help.
Currently in jamesleicester's garage:
Laguna II 1.6 Expression 2001
  5 Lastest Threads by jamesleicester
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help!!!!! Removing A Nut Cars & motoring jamesleicester 9 1698 26th September 2007 08:10 PM
Front Suspension Strut Spring Removal? Cars & motoring sport1 9 8747 25th September 2007 10:45 PM
Laguna 2 Coil Spring repair tomorrow! Cars & motoring jamesleicester 6 2026 24th September 2007 10:43 PM
Poor Fuel Economy??? Cars & motoring jamesleicester 3 1662 30th May 2007 10:43 PM
Upgrading elec window switches? Electronics jamesleicester 3 1064 30th April 2007 10:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome