Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Xenon adjustment for Vel Satis in Europe - is it needed?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I know we've got a Laguna, not a Velsatis, but we have used beam benders stuck to headlight protectors on 3 or 4 times abroad with no problems.
Our Launa has Xenon lights, our local Renault dealer was prepared to sell the stick on beam benders to us to stick straight on to the headlights.

We went for the protector verson with beam benders for the convenience and not having to clean off sticky mess afterwards. It appears that you won't be able to go downthat route though.

If a Renault dealer was prepared to sell stick on beam benders for a Laguna with Xenons, I don't see why they shouldn't sell them to you for your Velsatis. Although you would get them cheaper from Halfords or simialr.

I made loads of enquires at the time regarding whether it was necessary to fit beam benders or not, but never really got a proper answer from anyone, inc RAC/AA/Renault etc.
Given that the average "gendarme" or "policia" etc that pull over a Brit the first thing they would loook at were the lights, so I thought better safe than sorry, so fitted the beam benders regardless if they were needed or not.
We did loads of night driving and the light pats were still ok and nobody "flashed us".

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome