Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - A Bad Start To 2007

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
A Bad Start To 2007

Greetings all hope your year has gone better than mine so far, some of you may have read the post i made to the back end of last year about an overheating problem with a 94 2.1 TD Espace well i can say it just got worse from there found the problem to be a cracked lining, luck would have it (so i though) that a friend of mine knew someone with a 2.1 TD espace who was breaking his car due to the fact it had burnt out some of the wiring harnes so i went along to have a look. The engine its self was cosmeticaly fine and after a lot of thought i decided the risk of taking the engine would be acceptable i fitted the engine to my espace to then find out why the wiring caught fire on the espace i took it from luckily i was under the bonnet of my car when the wiring went on mine and got the battery disconnected within seconds, it turned out the temp sensor for the heater pulg control unit was faulty and spent half a day repairing 3 wires after all this i finaly got the car to run on all cylinders with a great sigh of relief until i noticed there was no oil pressure, i even checked the oil pressure switch but upon looking inside the engine no oil what so ever.

So i know some of you may think why go this far? why not tie it up in a field and run away from it?, what can i say i hate to be beat by an engine, since all this i have stripped and mostley rebuit the original engine and hope to have every thing completed with in the next week.

But i need a little help from someone with a 94 2.1TD Espace,
When taking the engine out i asked my brother who was helping me to mark the block and feed pipe to the oil cooler/filter with touch up paint which i fond out when it was to late that he had marked with metal chalk.

If possible could someone just pop there bonnet and take a look at the top of the oil cooler (located on the left hand inner wing just to the left of the turbo ) there will be a arrow pointing to the centre of the cooler follow the pipe to the engine block and let me know if its attached to the top or bottom attachment

Thanks in advance for any help with this
Currently in Morph1059's garage:
(Retired)Ph1 Espace 2L Petrol, (About To Retire) PhII Espace Alize 2.1 TD, Ph III Espace 2.2 td
  5 Lastest Threads by Morph1059
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Phase III Espace Radio Electronics mattprice 9 1685 17th February 2008 11:09 AM
Are You Concerned About Mechanics Of The Future?... General Chat Morph1059 6 1416 24th May 2007 10:34 PM
Video for you other half if you play games Jokes & funny stuff davesss 1 833 23rd May 2007 11:00 PM
Experiment On How To Paint Espace Roof (With Pics) Bodywork Morph1059 6 1341 18th May 2007 04:30 PM
Site help please Feedback & Announcements moi 15 1779 4th April 2007 08:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome