Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II Phase 1 - Interiors - Instrument Panel Failure

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Burnbank View Post
I have just found a link to the following UK company, who claim they can repair the faulty parts and guarantee it for 2 years.

Renault Laguna dashboard instrument cluster problems
Iwouldnt trust BBAreman to be honest. I sent one to them once before and it came back a week later unrepaired. I could never talk to the person in the workshop who was repairing the unit because he was always out, oor had poped over to the "other building". This has happened every time I have had dealings with BBA, and on occasions when I have phoned for tech advise it is quite clear that my knowledge and experience is far greater than theirs. A customer of mine (trade customer) sent an ECU to them for repair. When it came back and the car still didnt run they called me in. I not only traced it to an ECU fault but knew what the fault was. I phoned BBA and told the telephone operator what the fault was but he did not understand - again the technician was "at the other building". The garage sent the ECU back for repair and it was returned from a completely different company!! They dont have a workshop at all - they dont repair anything - they just send it to people who do have a workshop and can repair it!!

As I said in my last post in this thread if you can put up without the car - or without the dash in the car for a couple of weeks then post me the dash and I will attempt to repair it for nothing but the price of the carriage (whether I repair it or not) but I cannot make any garuntees I can repair it until I get a unit to try with.
Currently in delambo's garage:
my wife to despair!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome