Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #110 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cheers for the reply but I think I have sorted it out...

I will explain what I done in case anyone out there has the same problem.

The sensors were programmed by the dealer, I was lucky because I knew someone there so it was done FOC, but when I started driving I drove for about 3 miles, on the cluster throughout this time is said tyre pressure ok but the pressures were not showing as it needs time to program.

I stopped swithed off the car and then wen out in the evening. After a while I got the orange warning; sensor fault, and all tyres on the other display, the one above the centre vents showed no tyres's at all....

Anyway, I disconnected the battery left it for a couple of minutes, then reconnected it.. and went on another drive..

When you disconnect the battery the tyre pressure starts from scratch, you get the 'tyre pressure montor ok' but you still don't get the pressures...

I kept driving and checked my mileage, I did not switch the car off at all. When I done about 15 miles 9 of which was on the motorway the left rear pressure was showing only and gradually all pressures started showing up slowly one by one in the space of about 30 seconds. Bingo.. sorted..

I hope this helps some of you out as I know tyre pressure monitor can be a pain but if it works its very handy especially if you are on the motorway..

Hope this helps
Currently in merky's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II Tourer 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome