Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1997 1.2 - Disconnected the battery - and now can't reconnect!!!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio 1997 1.2 - Disconnected the battery - and now can't reconnect!!!!!

My girlfriend's Clio was not starting recently, so I went to Halfords and bought a new battery, in the hope that this would solve the problem (don't think the battery has been changed in ten years).

I managed to disconnect the old battery. However, in trying to remove the copper clamp from the negative terminal of the old battery, it was corroded and has broken slightly. This meant that when I tried to reconnect the new battery, the negative connector is not touching the copper clamp on the battery, and therefore the connection is not working.

When I hold the connection in place, it is fine and the car starts. However, as soon as I let go, it is too loose and the two metal parts dont seem to touch.

PLEASE HELP - is there anything I can do to solve this? Alternatively, can somebody please advise where I could buy another copper terminal clamp - I have searched everywhere on internet and cannot find it (possibly as Im not sure if its called a clamp?).

Any advice would be appreciated,

Currently in m_j_oneill's garage:
1997 Renault Clio 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by m_j_oneill
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1.2 Renault Clio 1997 - Will not start Clio ChrisG_UK 2 2458 25th February 2007 03:54 PM
Clio 1997 1.2 - Disconnected the battery - and... Clio Gonescenile 7 2752 4th February 2007 07:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome