Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Accident Damage repair?

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to huwwatkins
Originally Posted by DEEJAY 225 View Post
seat belts have pretensioners and load limiters built in,now if the airbag has deployed the pretensioners have defo gone

did you feel the belt nip you tight in the seat when you had the impact,if yes then its gone off

as for the door piller it look like its had a whack, once again,with all the other damage this is going to be costly

bite the bullet and phone your insurance up, if you havent all ready
Didn't notice a nip, but then again it wasn't the first thing on my mind

Whats happening is this, I was covered 3rd part on the insurance, my insurance have reffered it to solicitors who are now fighting my case to get the write off value of the car. However they have assured me that becuase its a 3rd part incident (not fully comp) that I can do what I wish with the car.

Obviously before doing anything i'll want that in writing. Problem here is the case could go on for months (been running for 3 already) and my run around at the moment isnt in the same league as the Laguna so i'm evaluation how feasable and expensive a fix would be.

I've been offered a 1.8 on a 51 plate same colour for 1500 quid, i could take the bits i need and break it, but only if my chassis is straight.
Currently in huwwatkins's garage:
2010 Laguna Coupe GT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome