Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #111 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
What I would like to know is; is there any way to disable the stupid thing. I'm sure I would be better off without it.

I keep getting phonecalls in a panic because the other half has a puncture and it tells her to stop. There never has been a puncture yet, but I think it would be better if she didn't know when there was nothing wrong!!!

Only this morning I've been out, it tells me I have a puncture, but its a magic car- the pressure is still rising as the tyre warms up. I thought the pressure would go down with a puncture.

Every time I start it from cold it tells me one tyre needs adjusting although it tells me that it has 31psi in it.

Much better to get rid of them and be done with it.

I know it can be useful, or would be if it worked, but what use are tyre pressure sensors if they lie all of the time. Great on a motorway, if you like stopping on the hard shoulder every few miles to fix yet another puncture!!!!
Currently in nev's garage:
2003 Laguna II 1.9DCi/ 1982 R5 GTL 1.1
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome