Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 14th November 2005
Gavin G
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Managed to remove the door card this evening (boy is it bloody well stuck on with that strip of sticky stuff around the edge!) and take a look at what is happening.

When I try to put the window down I can feel the glass jerk slightly but it doesn't budge. I can also see one of the cables which comes out of the motor move slightly also. However if I place my hands on both sides of the glass and give it a helping hand (or hands in this case!) it will begin to wind down itself but it moves very slowly and looks like it could stop at any second.

It will go all the way down and then back up again but if I try and put it down again its the same problem, I have to give it a little encouragement!

Is the regualtor likely to be knackered? Is there anything I could lubricate in there to make things run smoothly? How difficult would it be to fit a new regulator if I had to and how much roughly is a new one from Renault?

BTW, I have also tried the reset procedure.

EDITED to day I phoned my Renault dealer this morning just to price a regulator, 180 so I really hope I don't need to buy a new one
Currently in Gavin G's garage:
2003 Laguna II 2.2 dCi Dynamique

Last edited by Gavin G; 15th November 2005 at 08:44 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome