Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Sunroof Seal or Frame leaking?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2014 Thread Starter
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Sunroof Seal or Frame leaking?

Hey guys, noticed the car always has steamed up windows in the morning as if someone had been doing the naughties inside it - Just took the interior light out and there's a lot of water under the lining (which is running down into the foot wells)

I took the seal from around the sunroof inside the car and pealed the lining back and noticed quite a lot of water around the sunroof area, mostly front and sides. I've checked the seal that the glass presses against for splits and I couldn't see any, I've also given it a good clean in case the drains were blocked.

I have noticed the plastic frame on the exterior has lifted from the bodywork a bit, and it expels water when you push down on it so there's water getting under there.

I've took this (rather crap iPhone) photo of under the lining so hopefully someone will tell me "Water would not get there if ____ was leaking so it has to be _____"

Currently in DanielP9690's garage:
Citroen Saxo 1.5D
  5 Lastest Threads by DanielP9690
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio - Bonnet keeps opening Bodywork Dancingdad 4 1047 7th February 2014 08:42 AM
Rear seat belt clip Interiors VelSatisfied 1 640 28th January 2014 08:48 PM
Air-Bag light won't reset - Clio Electronics Meganeman 5 1214 22nd January 2014 05:05 PM
Clio Sunroof Seal or Frame leaking? Bodywork gazza82 6 2234 19th January 2014 02:07 PM
Battery Clamp on Clio refuses to budge an inch Electronics Phil48 13 1824 16th January 2014 11:49 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome