Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 2 - Electronics - Pairing Bluetooth phones to incar handsfree kit

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 15th November 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I found the same thing with regard to swapping the first name and surname around. It's pointless and annoying, but I don't think there's anything you can do to prevent it.

A tip (that I should have mentioned before) is when you're doing 'send business card' on a Nokia phone, there's an option to stop them searching for other bluetooth devices once they've picked up "MY-CAR". It involves an extra button press, but doesn't half speed things up when you're transferring a load of numbers.

One thing that I thought was really stupid about this system is the fact that you can add/delete/replace voice entries on the navigation side, but if you want to do it for phone entries, you have to re-send the entry via Bluetooth. Not that the voice recognition is too clever anyway - it goes through phases of getting what I'm saying wrong more than right. I've switched on the 'feedback' option (the only one in the 'voice recognition settings' menu) and will see if that improves things.

I've still got the official Renault 6230 cradle for my old Laguna II - the one that I installed, then immediately removed (and reverted to my Nokia CARK-91 kit) after discovering that the supposedly built-in antenna, microphone and speaker were all absent, unavailable or faulty on my car. I've no idea where I've put it, but if it turns up while I'm digging around, I'll have a mooch round for the connector you mentioned and see if the plugs seem to be compatible.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome