Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II Phase 1 - Interiors - Instrument Panel Failure

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rest assured, you have another entry to Watchdog on it's way from another disgruntled Laguna II owner.

I have been suffering with the failure of my instrument panel since the cold/wet weather kicked in and as everyone else has experienced, Renault have diagnosed it (at a cost of 60) of needing replacment (a further 400 + fitting). I have found a temporary solution to the matter however. When the panel has failed warm the engine for a good half hour then switch it off and disconnect the battery for a few seconds. When reconnected the panel works again - but only until another cold, frosty night occurs......then it's back to opening the bonnet.
Fingers crossed Watchdog can help us all out as with fitting this is likely to be a 1,000 fix!

Also on the window regulator front, I have the same issue with my drivers window completely non-functional now. It did work - albeit very slowly, but now has stopped all together. Is it easy enough to attempt a fix on the Driveway before forking out for a new regulator, and if so, what's the best approach?
Currently in areeves1980's garage:
Renault Laguna II 1.8 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome