Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2 NSF Electric window problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane 2 NSF Electric window problem

Now this is driving me mad

I have a problem that only started this morning with the front drivers electric window of my Megane 2 1.5 dCI 80.

When I press the switch to lower the window it works as expected, but when i lift the switch to stop it and raise it up, it continues to go down. Also when the window is in the fully up position, lifting the switch to raise the window makes it go down.

Sorry this sounds confusing, so in summary: any pressing / lifting of the switch only makes the window lower, I CANT raise the window unless I switch the engine off and deadlock the car, whereby any windows that have been left open are automaticlly closed, even the faulty drivers door.

So the window motors seems to be OK, maybe the switch is faulty, cos, before it failed completely, I could sometimes raise the window up.

Anyone else experienced this behaviour?

The cars still within its warranty period, so do you think this would be covered under the warranty terms?

Currently in GeeBee's garage:
Megane II 1.5 dCI
  5 Lastest Threads by GeeBee
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane 1.5 DcI (106) Engine Smoke Engines madnoel10 1 3359 22nd January 2009 08:02 AM
Lost Confidence in my Megane Cars & motoring Lagdti 5 1389 23rd March 2007 08:32 AM
Hi Temp Error Message Cars & motoring Lagdti 1 906 12th March 2007 05:10 PM
Megane 2 NSF Electric window problem Bodywork xenonstorm 17 9609 5th February 2007 07:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome