Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #112 of (permalink) Old 5th February 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna tyre valves/sensors

I have had my 2002 Laguna a year. I have just started to have a problem with the pressure sensors, since I got a slow puncture fixed on the rear offside. When the tyre fitter was repairing, he noticed the metal valve had corroded, and was probably leaking. He fitted a normal one instead, and said if I bought a metal one, he would fit it alongwith the pressure sensor. He said removing and replacing the fuse for this function reprograms the sensors.

On the way back from the garage the dash light never flashed at all, even for the wheel with no sensor! But after parking the car and using it later on, it had the stop warning and flashing the amber flat tyre symbol. A few miles up the road the stop warning went out, and just left the amber flat tyre symbol which was now not flashing, just lit.

If anyone has an easy way of just disabling the thing I would be interested to hear. I have owned cars for years without having to rely on some gizmo to tell me if I have a flat tyre, and this system is just plain annoying and frustrating!
Currently in saltire's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.8 Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome