Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Flash car wash system

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 28th July 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
The car has 3 years and 80,000 miles worth of chips and dings in it, so I've given up on making it look good. Maybe when I get the new one...

You know... us valeters really hate to hear this kind of thing!
There arent many 3 year old cars that are beyond help

I know this is going to sound like sales patter, but if you get your wheels cleaned up, have the paintwork buffed (to remove all the scratches that automated car washes give you), have the dents removed and touch in the stone chips - you may find that you can increase the resale value of your car by as much as 2000.
This of course depends on what condition your car is now and what sort of money they are making in a private sale. But typically any money you spend on 'tarting' up your car, you will get back two or threefold when you come to resell it.

Obviously, its better if you don't let your car get into a state in the first place. And if you DON'T take it to the car wash, you won't have to pay people like Clean Image to remove all the scratches!
I would always recommend cleaning your car yourself by hand.

I have to admit that I haven't tried the Flash Car Washing system... I don't have a hose pipe at home so there wouldn't be much point. But I'm totally sold on the idea of cleaning your car with purified water which is what the Flash system does.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome