Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio-noise when reversing but not drive shafts

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio-noise when reversing but not drive shafts

Hello all

Having a major problem at the moment :/
as the title entails when moving the car in reverse (when its cold) the front end of the car makes a horrendous amount of grinding and squeaking. This happened so bad the other day that the car stopped and refused to move until I moved it forward and continued in reverse again. So my instinct tells me that after I had my passenger side wheel snap off (overtightened bolts from last mechanic) and that I have had the whole wheel hub assembly replaced and the drive shafts on both sides replaced. That must be something to do with the brakes as there is a slight judder in the brakes when braking at 40-60 mph right? The only other thing I could think of is that when I bought the car the garage had put 6 pound brake discs on the car yeah you read that right 6 pounds.

Please help me as my MOT is in a week and I want this fixed before it goes in.

Thanks clioextreme
Currently in clioextreme's garage:
clio extreme 1.2 16v with illusion package
  5 Lastest Threads by clioextreme
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio-noise when reversing but not drive shafts Brakes/Hubs clioextreme 8 1281 20th January 2014 09:46 PM
hello all :D Welcome to RenaultForums Renoir White 1 385 20th January 2014 09:06 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome