Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - More immobiliser stuff

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th February 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
More immobiliser stuff

I came to this forum trying to sort a problem on my daughter's car, and discovered the dreadful can of worms called Renault immobilisers. Unfortunately I'm a thousand miles from the car so it's all a bit difficult.

My daughter has a 99 Clio 1.2 petrol. She left it standing for about 3 weeks and when she came back to it, the battery was stone-cold flat (not really a surprise). She got the local garage to come and try to jump start it, the engine turned over fine but it wouldn't start. Then they told her that there would be some sort of problem with the immobiliser and it would need re-programming.

The implication would seem to be that due to the battery going completely flat (ie as if it had been disconnected) something has lost it's memory and therefore the key and the onboard bit of the immobiliser are no longer in sync. Can this really be? If so, surely there has to be a simple way of re-syncing.

Or is this all a red herring? Unfortunately I'm too far away from the car to be able to check anything out. I'm just wondering if somebody should have tried a bit harder when jump-starting. Any opinions?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, to try to get this poor little blonde girlie back motoring again.
Currently in LaurasDad's garage:
Renault Clio
  5 Lastest Threads by LaurasDad
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
More immobiliser stuff Clio LaurasDad 8 2702 6th February 2007 01:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome