Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hi All. New to this forum. Own a 2012 Trafic

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Hi All. New to this forum. Own a 2012 Trafic

Cheers for the prompt reply

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
The service book should outline what is required.
Thats what I thought as previous new vehicles I've had have always listed what the service requires but this vehicle hasn't. The service stamps are in the back of the drivers handbook and the only reference is about the quality of replacement components used.

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
To maintain any warranty parts used should be the same or of the same quality as used by a recognised Renault dealer and the garage used should be VAT registered and also stamp the service book plus they should also provide bona-fide receipts and associated documentation.
Yes my mechanic will use Renault supplied parts & stamp the service book for me. The only thing that doesn't comply with your statement is they're not vat registered. They have been established for at least 20yrs that I know of which I think actually says a lot more....... They are a father and son team, extremely helpful & knowledgeable and what they charge for is what they do! Unlike previous vehicles I've had serviced with main agents!

It would be Renault that would be servicing it but the free servicing I bought it with isn't listed on their system so......... I am trying to sort that aspect of it out but it wont be before the service is due so am going to get it done.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome